Last revised: February 22, 2016
Effective as of: February 22, 2016
OptionIt respects your right to privacy. We abide by the following principles and policies for the Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you through our websites (“Site”), our mobile applications (“Application”), emails, and other offerings (collectively “Services”).
Information we collect
We collect information to provide you with the best possible experience with our Services and for the purposes described in this Policy.
We collect information directly from you, about you from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services:
- Information you give us.
- In order to access certain features of our Services such as making a transaction, subscribing to email newsletters, and other features, we require you to register with us. When you register with us, we require you to provide your name, email address, year of birth, location and gender. In addition, at your option, you may provide additional information including mobile numbers, event preferences, etc.
- To get the most out of the personalization and recommendation features we offer, you might indicate to us information like your favorite events, artists and venues.
- Payment information; third-party processor
- Information we collect from Facebook and other third party services.
- You may sign into our Site through Facebook or other third party services. If you do so, we will request your permission to access and collect information including your (i) public profile, list of friends, email address, birthday, interests, current city, personal description, publish stream, event rsvp’s and likes; and (ii) to post to your friends on your behalf.
- We store the information that we receive from third party services with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. We have no control over third party services use or disclose the personal information they collect about you. Please review their policies if you have questions about such disclosure.
- Information we collect and store automatically from your use of our Services and may combine with your personal information. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services including the content you view, the things you click and other actions that you take.
- Device and server log information.
- usage information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you view, search and interact with our content
- IP address
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers, as permitted)
- browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your OptionIt account
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled OptionIt Service, such as our mobile applications, we will request your permission to collect and process information about your actual location, like latitude and longitude provided by the location services of your mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as using your IP address to look up geographic information. We collect this and other information using the following technologies:
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze Site Data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information. In addition, emails we send may contain a “web beacon” which allows us to understand the time and date of when you open an email and when you utilized a link within the email. Our web beacons do not collect Personally Identifiable Information. Users wishing to disable our web beacons should do so by turning images “off” in their email client (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email provider for more information.
- Third Party Cookies. We, or a data provider we have engaged, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads, content or services. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a third party solely in hashed, non-human readable form. You may opt out of such sharing by signing in to OptionIt online and managing your preferences.
- Device and server log information.
How we use information we collect
We may use the information we collect from and about you to register you to use our Services, to verify your authority to use certain features of our Services, to improve and tailor the content and general administration of our Services, execute transactions which you initiate, and, based upon the settings which you may select, to deliver certain content, information, services and notices from OptionIt as well as communications regarding information, events, content, products and services of our third party partners. We also use your information to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes. We also use your information to contact you for advertising and marketing purposes, which includes sending you email about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you; please see our section below regarding email communications.
Payment information; third party processor
Correcting/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
917 W Washington Street Suite 139
Chicago, Illinois 60607 USA
By providing your email address to OptionIt during your interaction with any of our Services, you automatically grant permission to OptionIt and its strategic alliance partners to send email communications to you. During this process you may also indicate whether you grant permission for OptionIt to share your email address with additional third parties and for those third parties to send emails directly to you. You may manage your opt in preferences and opt out of receiving email communications by clicking “unsubscribe” from an email sent to you by OptionIt or by signing in to OptionIt online and managing your preferences.
Disclosing Your Information to Others
Other users of our Services. Some of the information that you post to our Services may be viewed by other users of our Services. This may include feedback and reviews.
Social network. If you log into our Services through Facebook or other social networking sites, your connections at those social networking sites may see certain actions that you take within our Services such as commenting, “liking” and content you choose to share to third party services.
Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
Third Parties. Based upon your opt-out settings that you may control by signing in to OptionIt online and managing your preferences, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third party partners for various purposes, including to allow those third party partners to contact you about news, events, products and/or services in which you may be interested. In doing so, we may transfer information about your use of our Services to third parties and link such information to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (e.g., your email address). We also may disclose your information to other third parties that offer products that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be included on the list of users disclosed to our third party partners or the other third parties, you may indicate your preferences during the sign up process or you may manage your opt in preferences as described above. To stop receiving communications from a third party to whom we have already provided your information prior to your opting out, contact that third party directly or click unsubscribe from an email which you receive from the third party.
Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties, and other entities for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights. You may learn more about OptionIt’s policy regarding California’s “Shine the Light” law at the following URL: www.OptionIt.com/caprivacy
Other. We also will disclose your Personal Information in the following situations: (a) to complete a transaction that you initiate, (b) as required by law or in response to legal process, (c) when necessary to protect the safety of customers, employees, or property, (d) when you specifically authorize it, (e) in the event of a business transfer (discussed below), or (f) when required to service the company’s system infrastructure.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites:www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
Security and Data Storage
We employ procedural and technological security measures that are designed to safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. OptionIt may use encryption, password protection, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personally Identifiable Information. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
OptionIt recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. OptionIt’s Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. OptionIt does not target its Services to children under 13. OptionIt does not knowingly collect and store Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
We may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation, other corporate reorganization in which OptionIt participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of OptionIt’s assets to which our Service relates.
Links to Third Party Sites